I totally didn’t do what I said I’d do. I made a backup quilt top last weekend using jelly rolls and it came out pretty good. I will resolve myself to seam rip Kiddo’s quilt during the upcoming week and maybe get started with quilting it properly! My kids also found a use for my fabric stash 😛
I have a lot to cover this week and I thought it would be best to just do one big post.
Finished Honeybun’s quilt first. I mixed hand quilting, freemotion, and tying to get this one together. Instead of a separate binding I went ahead and just rolled the backing around and straight stitched it. I was eager for her to be able to use, play and cuddle it so I rushed it a bit.
I’m also nearing the end or am forced to since the baby shower is on Saturday but I’m trying so hard to get this quilt done that I’m thinking of skipping sleep tonight. It’s a very simple quilt based on the Ragged Squares tutorial by Amanda Jean. I’ve done it for my last shower quilt as well and it feels like it came together a lot nicer this time around. Might have also had a lot to do with a new machine and a LOT more experience with sewing than I had more than a year ago. I’m still not super happy with the freemotion quilting I did on it but it’s better than nothing. (yes it still needs thread trimming and all the rest of that stuff)
Really hoping to sit down and seam rip Kiddo’s quilt, I know that’s been on my todo list for a few months now but with doing the podcast, raising kids, keeping house, and all the rest it’s been pretty impossible to not neglect something in order to work on something else. I saw a some e-card thing with a man on the phone saying, “So-and-so is quilting today so you might want to bring paper plates, food, and a table to eat if you’re coming over.” That’s what basically happened last weekend when I was at my machine for the majority of time. Funny stuff.