I decided to make my own diaper bag, I hated all the ones I went through with my son. They were never big enough, the pockets were the wrong sizes, every one of them had something horribly wrong. I went to BurdaStyle.com and looked at all the bags out there and was eventually inspired by a few of them. Mixing up features was a definite possibility.
|Look at all the pockets, big flap rather than zipper, side gussets with elasticized pocket tops, for cellphone/water bottle.||Simplicity 2924 on burdastyle (http://www.burdastyle.com/projects/quilted-diaper-nappy-bag-and-accessories-simplicity-2924 )|
I have a huge OneNote file that has all the crazy musings that followed. Palettes, Tutorials, Lists of items to make sure were accommodated, I think I thought of just about everything that could possibly be put into a bag. I went a little overboard on the pockets and the overall size of the bag, but it’s still manageable. Once I had a fair idea of what I wanted I did some sketching…
There were a lot of things that I wanted to do with my bag that didn’t seem to come out as planned, but I’m still really happy with the way everything came out, despite it’s overall frumpy look. Next time the finished main bag!